Thursday, September 6, 2012

What do you Really Want? by Jacqueline D. Moore


Prayer is not asking for what you think you want, but asking to be changed in ways you can't imagine. ~Kathleen Norris

Scripture:
What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you? You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures James 4:1-3
Saints, what is it you really want? When asked that question, some don't hesitate to say riches. Others would say a spouse, some say peace. And others still would say health. But what do you really want? How much do you really examine those things that you seek after.

"I want riches", until I saw riches couldn't buy happiness. "I want a spouse", until I saw that my spouse didn't treat me the way God wanted them to. "I want to work for myself", until I realized that I was a horrible employee and wanted to fire me.

You see, we all want something. Sometimes even we don't really know what it is we truly want. We just know that something is missing. Personally, I want a better relationship with God. You see, when you have a relationship with God, he will guide and direct you and tell you what you need. Not only that, "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

So the next time you feel as though something is missing and you don't know what it is; try God, he can and will supply all that you need.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father, in the name of Jesus, I come before You. Spirit of Truth, Who comes from the Father, it is You Who guides me into all truth. According to 3 John 2, it is God’s will that I prosper in every way and that my body keeps well, even as my soul keeps well and prospers. One thing I ask of You, Lord, one thing will I seek after, inquire for and require, that I may dwell in Your presence all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon Your beauty. Father, You have said, I will not in any way fail You nor give You up nor leave You without support. So I take comfort and am encouraged and confidently and boldly say that the Lord is my Helper. In the name of Jesus, I am strong and very courageous, that I may do according to all Your Word. I turn not from it to the right hand or to the left that I may prosper wherever I go. The Word of God shall not depart out of my mouth, but I shall meditate on it day and night. I hear therefore and am watchful to keep the instructions, the laws and precepts of my Lord God, that it may be well with me and that I may increase exceedingly, as the Lord God has promised me, in a land flowing with milk and honey. The Lord my God is one Lord — the only Lord. And I shall love the Lord my God with all my mind and heart. Jesus, You said that when I do this I will live — enjoy active, blessed, endless life in the Kingdom of God. Therefore, I will not worry or be anxious about what I am going to eat, or what I am going to have to drink or what I am going to have to wear. My heavenly Father knows that I need them all. But I purpose in my heart to seek for, aim at and strive after, first of all Your Kingdom, Lord, and Your righteousness. Now thanks be to You, Father for all of Your magnificent blessings. We come thanking You not only for what You have done, but also for what You are about to do in our lives. We love You Lord, we Thank You Lord. Blessed is the name of the Lord. Praise be to God, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen. Praise God. Amen.

No comments: