Monday, September 17, 2012

Reality Check by Jacqueline D. Moore


Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. ~Philip K. Dick

Scripture:
They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world. John 4:42 (New International Version)

People will often pose the question, “Is Jesus Real?” Personally, I know there have been times in my life when I actually doubted His existence. I mean, how could God have a son, who died on the cross so that I could be saved? I mean, if Jesus, or God for that matter is real, why are things in my life always going wrong?

If God is so loving and Jesus is so forgiving, why am I faced with death and destruction? Why are children being hurt or even killed? Why did my family breakup, why did I lose my job, why doesn’t he/she love me anymore? Why is life so hard?

Saints of God, things will happen in your life that may cause you to doubt if God really is a loving God. People do such horrible things to one another that will cause us to ponder the question, how can Jesus forgive him/her for what they did?

But now I have a question for you? Are you doing exactly what God wants you to do? By that I mean are we living the life of a Christian? Following His commandments, doing God’s, will, living a sin free life? Most of us will answer yes, I am. But I challenge you to do a reality check of your life.

Often times we will do things in our lives that are contrary to God’s teachings. Because we have decided to live our lives on our own terms, we may actually be living them outside of God’s will. By that I mean; we see our lives through our own imaginations. We see our lives in the way we want them to be and not necessarily the way they truly are.

I won’t get into a lot of details but will only say; only you know in your heart those things that you do, and if how you are living is contrary to the word of God. Only you know your secrets and your sins that dishonor your belief system.

You and only you are the defining factor of your Reality Check.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, help me to see my life through the eyes of Christ and not through my own mind’s eye. Search me Lord, and reveal the things in my life that are not pleasing to you. Father God, forgive me for sometimes blaming others for my own shortcomings. Help me Lord, to be a better person and to learn to do Your will and not my own. Father God, every now and then I need to take inventory of my life and come before the altar of sacrificing to recommit myself to You and Your will. Today is that day. Lord, I ask that You would forgive me and strengthen me so that I may go forth and live a more righteous life. Thank You Father for new revelations and for fresh grace and mercy. Thank You Jesus, for the forgiveness of my sins and for redemption. Thank You God for the Blood of the Lamb, Christ Jesus. It is in His name we submit this prayer. Amen.

No comments: