Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Making the Right Choice by Jacqueline D. Moore



Sometimes God allows us to suffer the worst of it So that when the best shows up there’s no mistaking it. ~ John Christopher

Scripture:
This is what the LORD says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go. Isaiah 48:17 (New International Version)

I often talk about making choices. I learned a long time ago that for every choice that we make, there are consequences. The consequences can be either good or bad. Too often when we make a choice based on our own selfish desires, the consequences are rarely ever good.

As the mother of two sons, I would like to believe that I have taught my sons the things they need to know in order to make the right choices. However, I also realize in spite of everything I have attempted to teach them, that they will make some wrong choices. They sometimes still choose to do things their way, no matter what.

When my youngest son was in middle school, I remember an incident where he lost one of his privileges because of a bad choice that he made. He chose not to do his math homework, which resulted in him getting a bad grade. As his mother, it was up to me to show him that his choice was the wrong one. The same thing often happens to us in our adult lives as well. We choose to do something that we know is wrong, and as a result, we too must live with the consequences.

The word of God is life’s teaching tool that equips us so that we can make the right choices. However, it is still left up to us to actually do the right thing. As a parent, I try to direct my children to do what is best for them. Just as the word of God teaches us what is best for us.

Won’t you make the right choice today?

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, Sometimes we act as little children, refusing to grow up in our faith and pouting over things that we cannot understand. Lord, I want to grow in grace and grow in faith. Lord, I am sorry for not being a more mature Christian. I am sorry for not acknowledging how much You do for me. Lord, I just want to thank You. Because just like we forgive our children and get over their temper tantrums, You forgive me and overlook my faults. Thank Lord. Father, I ask that You continue to touch my brothers and sisters in Christ. Grant them the desires of their hearts. Bless them as only You can. Thank You Father, Bless You Father. In the name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.

No comments: