Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cultivating Friendships by Jacqueline D. Moore


How rare and wonderful is that flash of a moment when we realize we have discovered a friend. ~ William Rostler

Scripture:
If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Ecclesiastes 4:10

Saints, what kind of friend are you? Are you the type of friend who is there for someone else? Are you the kind of friend who listens without judging? Are you there when someone needs a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold, or just someone to keep a sick friend company?

Would you give a friend your last dollar, share your last slice of bread, or offer a place to stay when your friend needs one? Are you the type of friend who would help another even if it is a big inconvenience?

What type of friends do you have in your life? Are they only there for what they can get? Are they there for prestige, to use you? Are they your friend for all the wrong reasons?

I am here to tell you that personally, I have a great group of friends. I don't expect my friends to be there all the time and do everything that I ask. But that doesn't mean we aren't still friends. My friends and I don't always agree about everything, but we know that we can depend on each other when we need to.

However, I know I have a friend who will never leave me nor forsake me. Have you met him yet? If not, you need to.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father, we come kneeling before the throne of grace to give thanks to You for the friends, our angels, that You have placed in our lives. Thank You for allowing me to be a friend to others. But most of all, thank You for the greatest friend of all, Jesus Christ. Lord, continue to heal our sick, comfort those who are struggling and protect us when we stray. Touch Your saints who are going through right now. Satan is still busy and would love to see each of us fail. So many are going through there own personal trials, but we know that You are still the judge who settles all matters for our good. Keep us all in perfect peace, Amen.

No comments: