Monday, September 10, 2012

God Has Not Forgot by Jacqueline D. Moore


Remember, don’t put a question mark where God puts a period.

Scripture:
This is what the LORD says— he who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you: Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen. For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. They will spring up like grass in a meadow, like poplar trees by flowing streams. Isaiah 44:2-4 (New International Version)

Saints, I know that most of you are saved, sanctified and filled with the Holy Spirit. I know that most of you put God first in all that you do and say. I know that most of you don't get upset, flustered or anxious because God is always right next to you helping you to make it through your situation. I know that most of you have no complaints because you have already turned them over to God. Or do you?

Saints of God, each and every one of us has at some point in our lives felt hopelessness, despair, anxiety, scared and all alone. Every one of us has felt that we couldn't handle whatever our situation was at that time. Every one of us has felt so far away from God that we couldn't even remember who it was we were supposed to be calling on.

Periodically, I have to remind myself to stop worrying about a situation. Sometimes I have to remember that when I turn my problems over to God and LEAVE them at the alter, not to turn right around and pick them back up. Sometimes I have to reach deep down inside of myself and remember to call on the name of Jesus. Every now and then, I have to force myself to get down on my knees and pray; even when I don't feel like it. Every now and then I have to ask God to forgive me for not trusting him in the midst of my situation.

Every now and then I have to ask God to forgive me for forgetting about him, especially when I know that he has not forgotten about me.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father, You are the creator of all things. You called forth the planets with a word, and established the stars with the sound of Your voice. You have authority over all the resources of the universe, and You have promised to meet all of our needs. We come before Your throne of provision right now. You know our needs, and the challenges that we are faced with. Lord, we ask that You would release a mighty blessing upon us and demonstrate Your enormous generosity, by providing above and beyond all that they could hope or imagine right now. Guard our hearts from anxiety and fear. Fill us with Your Holy Spirit and cause faith to rise up within us. Enable us to stand firm in the midst of uncertainty, and bring forth a mighty victory. Help us to establish another testimony of Your goodness, that those who hear of it might glorify Your name. No weapon formed against us can prosper because not only have You given us our whole armor, we come pleading the blood of Jesus over our situations and into our circumstances. We rebuke satan and ask that You would not only give us a spirit of discernment but that You would help us to see things with our spiritual eyes. Continue to bless each family that is represented here. Prosper all who have come seeking Your face. Grant us fresh grace and mercy, as we pause to give You all praise, honor and glory. We pray in Jesus mighty name, Amen!

No comments: