Thursday, November 1, 2012

Excellence in Wisdom by Jacqueline D. Moore

Remember, We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. ~ Aristotle

Scripture:
Does not wisdom cry out, And understanding lift up her voice? She takes her stand on the top of the high hill, Beside the way, where the paths meet. She cries out by the gates, at the entry of the city, At the entrance of the doors: Proverbs 8:1-3 (New King James Version)

As I prayed about what to write tonight, the word wisdom was placed in my spirit. As I further searched for the meaning of the word, I went so far as to look it up in the dictionary. I found the following definition; The ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; insight and ;Common sense; good judgment.

Now many people would disagree with these definitions. Some people think that wisdom in something that it learned in school. Or that wisdom in only gained with age. Now I don’t totally disagree with those definitions either but rather I became challenged in determining what wisdom means to the body of Christ.

As a Christian, to me wisdom means knowing and understanding the word of God. Knowing the word of God means more than being able to quote scripture or believing in a certain doctrine. To me having wisdom means understanding what it means to live the word of God each and everyday.

Living your life as a Christian means doing what is right all the time, not just when someone is watching. Living the word of God means trying to be more Christ like in your daily life. Living the word of God means not pretending to do the right thing sometimes but rather striving to do the right thing ALL the time.

Wisdom to me means reaching out to everyone and not just my family, friends, or people that I know. Wisdom comes when you truly hide the word of God in your heart and Strive for Excellence!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father, as I contemplate on my life as a Christian I pause and reflect on whether I am striving for excellence. Lord, forgive me when I fall short. I am still learning. Help me to recognize when my actions are not Godly or when I begin to do something that goes against what Your word has taught me. Help me Lord to depend upon the Holy Spirit that dwells in me to take over when my thoughts turn dark. Father God, as I walk down this Roman Road, help me to see my own fallacies rather than see the fallacies in others. Lord I pray that something that I do today would be a blessing unto someone else. May my actions encourage someone to seek Your face and Your council. Thank You Lord, for another chance to get it right. Thank You Lord for fresh grace and mercy. Thank you Lord for a word that reminds me what my true purpose is. Now Lord, I ask that You would continue to bless our loved ones, our prayer list and our brothers and sisters in Christ. We humbly submit our prayers by the Blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Jacqueline D. Moore is a Peace In The Storm Publishing Author, learn more at www.peaceinthestormpublishing.com

No comments: