Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Singin' in the Comeback Choir...


Oh Happy Day...


During this time of the year, I always get a bit sentimental. Holiday time, which means, by the grace of God, I am a year older, and hopefully wiser and better. 

I reflect on past heartaches, and am happy to have healed.

I reflect on past relationships, and am thankful to have moved on.

I reflect on moments when I wanted to throw in the towel, and am grateful for endurance.

I reflect on past failures and mistakes, and am thankful about grace and mercy, and life lessons.

It also means that time is passing by, and as time waits for no one, this time of year comes to me as a reminder to Live.

And, sometimes, Living Ain't Easy...

I remember when I started Peace In The Storm Publishing. There were so many obstacles in the way, and as time progressed, the obstacles grew bigger and self-doubt tried to creep in. The keyword here is "tried." 

So glad I didn't give up. He speaks through trials. I was reminded, through the trials, "Who" I am, and "Whose," I am. Made all of the difference in the world. And, whatever you're going through in life, no matter how big your problem may seem, I'm here to tell you that there is a God that is bigger than anything you're going through. So the next time obstacles confront you, you don't allow your problems to scream to you how big they are, you look them in the face and shout how big your God is! 

This is a message from some time ago and its relevant, especially in these trying times.

Life is filled with speed bumps, roadblocks and stop signs. Our normal tendency is to listen to the world as it tells us to slow down or even stop, behind a belief that some things in life are out of our reach and beyond our attainment and control. The world wants to cushion our expectations and to ultimately limit our goals. But thankfully, there is a God. And with faith in Him and His mercies, He gives us pedals upon which to accelerate and a path of green lights upon which to proceed when others tell us to we can’t possibly move forward. My PITS journey has been an ongoing saga of having faith and believing that even though others can give me molehills of why Peace In The Storm can't, My God gives me mountains of why Peace In The Storm can.

You Can, Beloveds, YES, you can!

Kisses,
Elissa Gabrielle

No comments: