Tuesday, October 2, 2012

You Can't Conquer What You Won't Confront by Jacqueline D. Moore



Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have. ~ Norman Vincent Peale
Scripture:
What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?  He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Romans 8:30-32 New International Version (NIV)

As we journey through life, we are often confronted with people or situations that cause us to halt right in our tracks.  We become frozen in place and unable to move forward or make a decision for fear of making the wrong one.  We try to pretend that what’s happening isn’t real or will quickly dissipate and just go away.  Far too often we would just rather ignore our situation than deal with it.

Men and women who may feel that their significant other may be cheating on them would rather close their eyes to the truth than confront it.  Parents choose to ignore the obvious signs of drug abuse in their offspring than address the signs of addiction.  We will often accept less than substandard conditions as apposed to trying to change them.  We would accept wrong in our lives rather than try and make it right.

The word of God tells us time and time again that we don’t have to accept something just because.  If we truly believe in His word, that word lets us know we can change our circumstances and that He can do anything that we ask with His help.  We are reminded time and time again that if we believe in Him that He can and will change our circumstances.  Saints of God, the word of God tells us if we have faith in Him and His word we can positively conquer our problems and situations if we are willing to confront them.

Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father God, we come before the throne of grace with praise and thanksgiving on our tongues and in our hearts.  Lord, we thank you for fresh grace and mercy and for the love that You so freely give to us.  Father, just like a wayward child, I know that I often disappoint You.  I realize that when I choose to do things on my own and don’t put You at the forefront of my decisions, I become paralyzed with fear.  When I fail to feed my faith I am unable to confront the obstacles in my way.  When I do not partake from the bread of life, I become weak and scared.  I become frozen in place and unable to move forward or make decisions because of fear.  Help me to remember to always hide Your word in my heart and to call upon Him who strengthens me in my weakness.  I thank You Father God for Your Son, Jesus.  Jesus, the sweet, comforting empowering name that helps me to confront my fears and helps me to conquer my demons.  It is in His name that we pray. Amen.

No comments: