Friday, November 2, 2012

Yes, I am a Single Parent! by SD Denny

Yes, I am a Single Parent!

The problem with being raised in a single-parent household is that I never truly saw the importance or learned the value of living in a household with both parents raising their children together. My parents were separated by the time I was three years old, and even though my father was still in our lives, it was mostly across many miles and we didn't see each other sometimes for years at a time. I saw my mother struggle to take care of three children on her own. Barely having an education and without financial support, she managed to do it. Years later, as a young adult, I became a single mother. It wasn't until years down the road that I realized what my life and my children's lives may have been like had things happened differently and had I known the value of a two-parent household. It may have had a huge affect on my decision making. I've done what I could to try to make up for that, but can we ever really make up for it? I can only hope that my children recongnize how much I love them in spite of it all. Will the cycle repeat itself? It has already begun. Even with all that, I do not feel that I am a part of a huge problem in this country. For most people, life doesn't always play out perfectly; therefore, I refuse to take responsibility for what is wrong with America or the world for that matter. In spite of it all, I am blessed and highly favored. I live my life with purpose and humility and try to demonstrate forgiveness and unconditional love in my walk. I believe that everything happens for a reason and that God works in mysterious ways. Say and think what you will. God is who I answer to and I am but a vessel, so I write...maybe not for everyone, but still I write...     SD Denny
Author & Freelance Editor
________________________

SD DENNY is the author of THE BAKER'S DOZEN and HALF.
www.sddenny.com
www.peaceinthestormpublishing.com

No comments: