Sunday, November 18, 2012

Did You Remember to Say, Thank You? by Jacqueline D. Moore

Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone. ~G.B. Stern

Scripture:
May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the LORD grant all your requests. Psalm 20:4-5

Far too often we go through life and never tell those who care about us, thank you. We often take for granted the kind words and gestures that are offered to us each and every day. We take for granted the loving things that family and friends do and say on our behalf.

Did you thank your wife or mother today for something they recently did for you? Did you take the time to do something nice for the friend who allowed you to dump all of your problems in their lap? Did you have a kind word for your brother or sister who did something nice for you just because? Or, how about that coworker who picked up your slack when you fell behind? Did you share a holiday meal with someone who spent hours laboring in their kitchen so that those who gathered around the table could partake in all of your favorite dishes?

More often than not, we take for granted those angels around us who are always there who see our needs and just take it upon themselves to do for us and often times, they don’t even have to be asked. So is it with God’s grace and mercy.

God is that friend who is always there to supply all of our needs and so often we forget to say; thank you!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Lord, we come before the throne of grace to thank You Lord. You blessed me once again, and I forgot to thank You. You blessed me with my home, my children, and so much more, and I forgot to thank You. You delivered me from the evil one and I didn't thank You. Forgive me Lord, for forgetting to let You know how much I appreciate everything You do for me. You know Lord, last week I asked for something that You gave me. Thank You. I asked You to watch over me and my loved ones and You did. Thank You. Lord, last night when I prayed, I asked that You would place Your hedge of protection around me and my loved ones and You did. Thank You. I asked You for prosperity, and You blessed me with my job, I just want to say thank You. Lord, maybe I don't have that job I wanted just yet, but You still fed me last night. Bless You Lord. I might have had to catch the bus this morning, but that's okay, I thank You for giving me bus fare. Lord, my blessings are too many to list right now, but I want You to know that I am grateful for each and every blessing that I have received. Not because I am worthy of Your favor, but because You love me. I thank You for just loving me. Bless Your name Lord. Praise the name of the Lord. I lift up Holy Hands and bow down my head in reverence to You alone. Thank You Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.

No comments: