Sunday, December 14, 2008

Your Change is On The Way by Jacqueline Moore


Your Change is On The Way

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. ~Anatole France

Scripture:As you come to him, the living Stone–rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him– you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. For in Scripture it says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame. 1 Peter 2:4-6Saints, How many of you have been going through some things for what seems like a long time? How many of you are in a valley experience with no mountain-top in sight? How many of you feel that no matter how much you pray, fast and sacrifice, God doesn't seem to hear your prayers?Well I don't know about you, but I raised my hand at each question. But as talked with my friend on the phone on my way to work this morning, something we both realized has happened. We have both changed over the years since we first met.Things that would have sent me into a tailspin don't anymore. Instead of breaking down and crying about everything, I pray instead. Instead of talking about what others are doing to me, I talk about what God is doing in my life.Now don't get me wrong. I still become sad and frustrated over things. I still worry about certain things, my children for example, but I have learned to depend on God more and more.

I realize that over these past few years, I have changed a lot of things about myself and how I am living. I realize that everything that the world accepts isn't what I am supposed to accept. I realize that God didn't save me for me; God save me for his edification.

I realized that God is still in control and if I just be step back, be still and know that he is God, Changing ain't that hard.Be BlessedPrayer:Lord, as we face the dawning of a new day, we realize so does fresh grace and mercy. Thank You Father for a new beginning and new revelations. Lord, we come before the throne of grace once again, humbling our hearts, our minds and our spirits to pay homage to You. We bow our heads and lift our hands to glorify the name of the Lord. When we stop to think about Your goodness and Your mercies, we say thank You Lord that You remember me, a sinner who is not worthy. Father, we don't know what this day may bring, but the one thing that we do know is that You are with us always. During times of sadness, joy, despair, peace and even in the midst of the storm Your goodness and mercy are at our side. Lord, satan would have us believe that things in our lives will never change. We rebuke satan and his lies, in the name of Jesus. I am a new creature in Christ Jesus. I can do all things through Christ Jesus, who strengthens me. I am the head and not the tail, I am above and not below. Victory is mine, in the name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.

Jacqueline Moore is the author of Serving Justice. Find out more at http://www.peaceinthestormpublishing.com/.

1 comment:

Alvin C. Romer said...

Stay the course, Jackie. Your road through Damascus lead to you being placed in God's hands to fulfill a destined course of action that you've embraced...so much so that your writing is being emanated to such heights that it will enlighten and uplift those that need it most.

The passage you wrote here caters to a need that someone will benefit from...such is the case when outreach becomes an inner salve to soothe a yearning to help those less fortunate. That was outstanding! Give us more to let it be known that it's not just us, but true justice that will be served when faith initiatives are in order.

ACR