Friday, December 26, 2008

God's Promise by Jacqueline D. Moore



God’s Promise

Remember, the only difference between stumbling blocks and steppingstones is the way in which we use them. ~ Unknown

Scripture:
So Jesus answered and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done. Matthew 21:21 (New King James Version)

Saints, I don’t know if you are anything like me, but periodically, I will begin to doubt my purpose and abilities. You see, I have gone through some things that cause me to question if I have “the right stuff”. Do I have the right job skills, parenting skills and life skills?

When I lost my job, I began to doubt in my abilities to do the work. When my children do things that are contrary to how I have attempted to raise them, I will doubt whether or not I am a good parent. And sometimes when it comes to making the right decisions on how to live, I begin to question whether or not I am making right choices.

As I lay in bed late one night, doubting and questioning everything I have ever done since High School, I heard a voice say, “I have not given you a spirit of fear and you doubt you have fear. You fear because you are listening to the lies of the devil and the devil is a liar”.

You see Saints of God; my God reminded me that he has already given me everything that I need to make it in this world. He reminded me that he has given me all power and authority in Christ Jesus. He has given me access to the throne of grace.

Brothers and sisters, each of us will have doubts about our lives, but the word of God has already assured us that if we just trust in the Lord, this too shall pass.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, with Your blood, You wiped away my sins leaving me promises to enjoy in faith until You come back to claim me as Your own. It takes patience to live in faith, and I confess that sometimes my patience runs thin. I wonder why You don’t act in ways that I can see and understand. Why is there so much evil and suffering in this world that discourage both the faithful and the unfaithful? I don’t understand. Help me to realize that my understanding is not necessary for the completion of Your plan. You understand everything; all I need to do is have faith. In the meantime, keep me free from wavering, Lord. Your faithfulness is perfect, and Your will be done. Lord, I thank you for Your word that speaks to my soul when I am weary. I thank You father, for I know and realize that there is no testimony without a test. I thank You Lord, for even when I am weak, You are still strong. Lord, we bless Your name and submit our prayer in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

To learn more about the Phenomenal Jacqueline D. Moore, and her forthcoming novel, Serving Justice, please visit http://www.peaceinthestormpublishing.com/.

No comments: