Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Embracing God’s Gifts by Jacqueline Moore


Embracing God’s Gifts

Remember, Don't let other people tell you what you want.
~ Pat Riley

Scripture:
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2 (New International Version)

Not long ago a very good friend who happens to be a teacher wrote me to say how distraught she was because one of her most promising students was being discouraged from cultivating her talents. The thing that was most disturbing to her was that the person who was discouraging this gifted student was her mother. The person who had given birth to this girl, couldn’t see just how talented and blessed this young lady truly was.

As we journey through this life, there will be times when others will try to discourage us, even those who profess to love us will try to discourage us from what it is we are supposed to do. Whether it’s to pursue a dream of being a writer, a musician, doctor, lawyer, or even a follower of Christ.

Sometimes, because of things that they may have encountered in their own past that snuffed out their dreams, or maybe because they didn’t have the strength or courage to follow their OWN chosen path, our loved ones will try to extinguish the fire that burns in all of us.

Even as I pursue my dream of being a Christian Author, there have been those who are closest to me who cannot see what I see in myself. I love the word of God. Most of all, I love sharing my talent of the written word, with others.

Saints of God, don’t allow others to define who you are or what your talents are. If God has given you a gift, no matter what that gift may be, it is up to you to pursue your dreams. The world didn’t give you the gifts you posses, God did. It us up to you to cultivate that gift and follow your dreams.

In spite of!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father God, we come once again humbling ourselves before the throne of Grace. Lord, we know that we can do all things through Christ Jesus. It is because of Him, that we are who we are and do what we do. Abba, even when the world tries to define who I am, I recognize that I am a child of the Most High King. And because I belong to Him, I am set apart. Father, when others try to tell me that I can’t, help me always to be mindful of Your word that tells me I can. I can do all things through Christ Jesus; am more that a conqueror; I am the head and not the tail; I am above and not below. I am who I am, because God said I am. Glory Hallelujah, Praise God. Thank You Father for my gifts. Most of all thank You for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is in His name that we pray. Amen.


To learn about Jacqueline Moore at her debut novel, Serving Justice, visit http://www.peaceinthestormpublishing.com/.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I thank you Father for giving me a mother who always promoted individuality in my siblings and myself. I thank you for working with these young parents who might not be familiar with Proverbs 22;6 Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it.

And on today I thank you for my sister in Christ Jacqueline who is sharing this blog with ALL of us. To bless us in a way we might not be aware of today but in your time we will...

Stay in His Grip!!

Linda Beed said...

Jackie, you are truly amazing and have touched so many with your daily devotions and morning inspirations.

Follow the path God has set you upon. Listen to sound advice and set your mind to learn the craft to the best of your ability.

Do not allow stumbles along the way to detour you. Make them learning experiences and move on. Those who consistently speak death into your vision may need to be removed from your inner circle.

Be blessed my sister -- Linda!

Jackie Moore said...

I thank both of you ladies for your kind and encouraging words. When others speak death into my dreams, it is saints like you who speak life.

Be Blessed