Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tamara Angela Grant's Musing...


I once told someone how I hated complete silence.
Honestly, silence is a bit eerie to me. I feel like I'm sitting and waiting to hear something. I'm much more comfortable with a little background noise.
I read a passage in my Daily Word that talked about being renewed in silence. It was powerful to me, the person that is most uncomfortable in silence. In silence, you are able to meditate and find peace because your focus is stronger due to not having too much going on around you to interfere with your awareness.

I had a friend tell me once to stop and be still. I was floored because I'm always on the move. I was dealing with an issue and she said that if I was still and if I let it be, it would work itself out. And it did. My silence allowed the other person to hear their own thoughts clearly.

My pastor did a sermon about the double meaning of "wait". He talked about praying and being still to hear the answer. It can mean to be patient or to serve. He explained that sometimes we pray for things and say "I'll wait on the Lord" meaning be patient and sit until the Lord comes through. But wouldn't it be best if we "wait"on the Lord meaning continue to move on with our lives and serve?Sometimes being still means that you have to stop and focus, regroup, and then lay down that burden and keep moving.

Don't let that issue have you stuck in that passage in time where you are holding grudges and causing drama in your life and everyone else's.Be still and enjoy the silence. Wait on the issue to work itself out.

Peace and Blessings,

Tamara


Tamara Angela Grant is the author of The Cooling Board. Visit http://www.peaceinthestormpublishing.com/ to learn more.

1 comment:

Alvin C. Romer said...

Silence indeed can be golden, but that Still Small Voice cannot do what can be done for you if you're not rooted in place to receive a blessing!

ACR