Saturday, December 6, 2008

He is Speaking to Your Storm by Jacqueline Moore



He is Speaking to Your Storm

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. ~ Louisa May Alcott

Scripture:
He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. "Where is your faith?" he asked his disciples. In fear and amazement they asked one another, "Who is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him." Luke 8:25 (New International Version)

So often we find ourselves caught in the storms of life. The winds of adversity, the rains of afflictions and sorrow. Tossed about like a rag doll from one situation to the next. Unable to find our footing on stable ground. Be still and listen.

God is still in control. He will calm the storms in our lives if we let him. He has the power to speak peace, into our valley situations. He can quiet the raging winds that threaten to tear down our house, our homes, our very lives. He tells the raging waves to be still and He silences the deafening thunder.

Each of us must learn that no matter what situations life has put us in, God has the power to take us out. Out of our loneliness. Out of our bad relationships. Out of our pain and agony. We just have to learn to trust him and listen.

Listen to the word that has already told us; I will never leave you nor forsake you. The word that says; I am more than a conqueror. The word that has already told you; you are the head and not the tail, above and not below.

Won’t you follow His voice? All you have to do, is be still and listen.

Be Blessed

Prayers:
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. Lord, I asked that You would hide Your word in my heart each and everyday. I turn to Your word in times of discouragement. I turn to Your word when I need guidance. I turn to Your word to seek the answers to my questions. Thank You Lord, for Your Word. Father, I come asking that my brothers and sisters in Christ would be encouraged this day. When things come against them, give them power through Your word. You have said in Your word, that we can do all things through Christ Jesus. You would never leave us nor forsake us. You are with us even until the end of time. Your grace and mercy are sufficient. Thank You Father. Now Lord, we ask that You would continue to bless us this day. Heal our afflicted, encourage our down heartened. Trust in the Lord with all Your heart and lean not to Your own understanding. In all Your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct Your paths. And my God shall supply all Your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Amen.


Sign up for Jacqueline Moore's Daily Devotionals at jackiemoore@virtuousliving.com. Visit www.PeaceInTheStormPublishing.com to learn more about Jacqueline Moore and her forthcoming debut novel, Serving Justice.

No comments: