Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Tears


by Jacqueline D. Moore

My tears are the window to my soul. They reflect all that I am and all that I hope to be.
My tears speak the words that my mouth cannot say. They express my joy and my pain. They tell a tell of heartbreak and hope.
My tears tell a tell of what was and what is to be.
My tears are both anger and love. They flow for my children who are and for loved ones who were.
My tears flow freely because to hold them inside would drown my spirit and dry up my heart.
My tears release the pain and anguish of love recently lost. Hoping and praying that with each drop that falls from my eyes, the pain and loneliness will eventually subside.
My tears keep me company in the loneliest of hours. Taunting and teasing of a life unfulfilled.
My tears are my red badge of courage and my scarlet letter of shame.
My tears are me, all that I am and all that I hope to be.


Jacqueline Moore is a Christian author who offers spiritual words of encouragement daily on her website at http://www.jacquelinedmoore.com . She has contributed to several anthologies and is the 2009 African American Literary Show romance author of the year for her first novel, “Serving Justice” under the Peace in the Storm imprint.

No comments: