Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Let It Go!


Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it's letting go. ~ Sylvia Robinson

Scripture:
Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. Revelation 3:19-21

A few years ago I received a message from a very good friend of mine that was written by Bishop T.D. Jakes. I have read the message titled "Let it Go", several times. In this very inspiring message, Bishop Jakes talks about letting go of people who are not good for you, past pains and hurts that you may still carry, and a multitude of excess baggage that may be holding you back.

We as believers often times will prevent ourselves from receiving our blessings, our salvation, our deliverance, because we cannot "Let it Go.” We do not go before the mercy seat and ask God to forgive us for our past mistakes; we allow the world to tell us how we feel, how we should think, and what to believe. We allow the sins of our past to continue to be our sins of today.

God has given us the keys to the kingdom. He has given us a plan, a blueprint, a way out of the valley of the shadow of death. He is standing at your door right now. He is letting you know that he is only a prayer away. All you have to do is open up the door and let him in.

Won't you let him in today and let out those things that are preventing your from gaining entrance into his kingdom?

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father God, we come kneeling before the mercy seat, asking that You would forgive us of our sins and transgressions. Father, we know that there is nothing that we could ever do on our own to deserve Your goodness and Your mercy, but we come asking anyhow. Help us to look at our lives through Your eyes. Give us the courage and the strength to let go of those people and those things that may be holding us back from You. Help us to realize that everything that we desire isn't always what You desire for us. Father, we hear You knocking at the doors of our hearts this day. We ask You to magnify Your presence and Your power within us. Help us Lord, to be submissive to Your will and Your word, not only today, but each and everyday. Continue to touch those who have come asking for intercessory prayer. Touch the lives and the families of everyone reading this message today. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Help me celebrate the launch of my new website, http://www.jacquelinedmoore.com by stopping by and signing my guestbook!

No comments: