Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Life Altering Word of God



Remember, we don't change God's message -- His message changes us.

Scripture:

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:17-19 (New International Version)

I remember a time when I wasn’t saved, sanctified and Holy-Ghost filled. I used to believe that people who believed in God were stupid and foolish. I mean, how could they believe in something that they could not see?

Yeah, I used to go to church and listen to the Man of God preach about heaven, but I found it hard to believe that there could be a heaven with so much hell on earth. I saw poverty and despair all around me. I saw supposedly “good” people suffering in ways that they didn’t deserve. I watched as a very good “Christian” friend suffered through the pain and agony of a cancer that would one day take her life. Yes, I knew about God but somehow, I found it hard to believe that He knew about me.

Then one Sunday as I sat in church listening to the preacher talk about how God knows and sees our struggles and about how we needed to see beyond our natural and start looking at God through His supernatural eye; I felt something that I had never before experienced; A peace that passes all understanding. My eyes were opened for the very first time.

On that all important day, I began to see and experience the true power of the Holy Spirit as it landed on me and changed the course of my life. I finally got it. I finally understood with my heart what God’s message was all about. It wasn’t about what we see and hear around us, it is about what a relationship with God truly meant.

I finally understood that what I had been going to church for all those years weren’t meant to change the world around me. Rather, it was meant to change my world; A world that places God at its center. The word of God is an instrument that is used to lead us and teach us as we journey through this world. The word of God is a lesson to aid us as we are reconciled to the kingdom of God. The word of God is the key to the kingdom.

Aren’t you glad for His Word?

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father God, we come before the throne of grace to give thanks for Your word. Your word that gives us life eternal through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We thank You for the gift of life: for the breath that sustains life, for the food of this earth that nurtures life, for the love of family and friends without which there would be no life. O Lord, Your compassions never fail and Your mercies are new every morning: We give You thanks for giving each of us relief from pain and hope of health renewed. Continue in us, we pray, the good work You have begun; that we, daily increasing in bodily strength, and rejoicing in Your goodness, may so order our lives and conduct that we may always think and do those things that please You; through Jesus Christ our Lord. We give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever. Amen.

PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR THE VICTIMS IN HAITI. I AM ALSO ASKING FOR SPECIAL PRAYER FOR THE FOLLOWING U.S. MISSIONARIES WHO ARE MISSING:

Leonard, Gabrielle, Gertrude and Renie.

1 comment:

Alvin C. Romer said...

Isn't it amazing how much we spent in church as the pastor(s) preached on subjects that may have been foreign to us at the time, or subjects that we needed more clarification and understanding of? And as we cut to the chase we furthered our learning curve as we were endowed with God's anointing Grace to savor, hunger after, and seek the Truth for what we'd experience.

We grew in that Grace and endeavored to make our elections and callings surest by dedicating our lives to Him...and now as people look at us, people in our sphere of influence can see and know that we are saved and highly favored! It's never too late to draw closer and mount up wings!