Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Faith Challenge Part Two


Remember, Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are. ~ Bernice Johnson

Scripture:
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Yesterday, I issued a faith challenge. The first part of the challenge was to turn our problems over to the Lord and not to speak of our problems again. Once we have turned our problems over to God, we are to let Him handle them.

Today's faith challenge is to begin to thank God for handling those same problems we were worrying about yesterday. Now I am not saying that our problems with suddenly disappear because we said we left it at the altar. But what I am saying is that we have to BELIEVE that Gods got it! Now that's what we call faith.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things, which are seen, were not made of things, which do appear.

Jesus once said, "if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. He told the woman with the issue of blood, “Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well." And the woman was made well from that hour. And then He told the one Samaritan whom He had healed from leprosy, "Rise and go; your faith has made you well." There are many more examples in the bible of how FAITH was the answer to the problem.

We go to God in prayer so that He will answer when we cry out to Him. We seek Him, so that we will be delivered, be healed, be blessed, be over comers. There is power in the tongue. There is healing in the tongue. There is deliverance, in the tongue.

There is a song that Shirley Caesar sings called "We Praise You Lord". In it she says, "You've been telling God all about your problems, start telling your problems about your God!” So today's faith challenge is to Praise Him, thank Him, stand on His word and His promise.

He's got this one!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
I love the Lord, for He Heard my voice; He heard my cry for mercy. Because He turned His ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live. We Praise You Lord, from the rising of the sun, until the going down of the same. We Love You Lord. Lord, I thank You for my victories. I thank You Lord, because the victory is already mine. It was given to me by Your son, Jesus Christ. Lord, I am learning to be still and letting You fight my battles for me. I know Lord, that I can do all things through Christ Jesus, who strengthens me. I know there is power in the Precious name of Jesus. We call on the name of Jesus. We invoke His power and His presence in our lives and in our Hearts today. Bless the name of the Lord. Thank You Lord, my blessings and my breakthroughs today. Thank You Lord, for loving me, despite me. We enter into Your gates with praise and thanksgiving on our tongues and in our Hearts. Thank You Jesus, in whose name we pray. Amen.

Jacqueline Moore is a Christian author who offers spiritual words of encouragement daily on her website at http://www.jacquelinedmoore.com . She has contributed to several anthologies and is the 2009 African American Literary Show romance author of the year for her first novel, “Serving Justice” under the Peace in the Storm imprint.

No comments: