Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Faith Challenge - Part Three


Remember, Faith is not simply a patience that passively suffers until the storm is past. Rather, it is a spirit that bears things - with resignations, yes, but above all, with blazing, serene hope. ~ Corazon Aquino

Scripture:
But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Today is the third and final faith Challenge. The first faith challenge was to NOT speak our negative situations into existence. The second faith challenge was to speak life into our situations and to thank him for handling our problems. The third and final challenge is to wait. Wait on God to answer our prayers.

So often when we pray for something or for someone, we want that prayer to be manifested right now! When God doesn't answer our prayers right now, we become frustrated and sometimes we even get angry about it. But the word of God says, "But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

You see, there are various reasons as to why God doesn't always answer our prayers in the timely manner that WE think He should. Sometimes, not answering is His answer. Sometimes, what we want isn't always what God wants for us. We need to learn to wait until He answers.

At times, God has to make sure things are in place for us. Sometimes He has to prepare us for our blessing. And then there are those times when our answer is right there in front of us, but because it's not what we expect, we just don't see it. I once heard that we sometimes spend so much time looking at the closed door, we can't see the window that He has opened for us.

Every now and then, God just needs us to rest, be still and know that He is still in control. You see, our lives are not our own. Sometimes God has to let things go a certain way until His time. Sometimes He allows things to happen in our lives, so that He can step in. Sometimes, He doesn't answer until He is sure that we are ready to receive His answer.

Saints, do not be weary in well doing. Be still and know that He is God.

Wait on the Lord. When you are faithful, know this, His blessings are on the way!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Our Father, Our Lord, Our Savior, we enter into Your courts with praise and thanksgiving in our hearts and on our tongues. I love the Lord, because He heard my cry. Father, Father, we ask that You would forgive us for not being as faithful to You, as You are to us. Lord we come asking that You would be patient with us as we learn to be still and wait on You. Father, as we wait until it's our time and our season, help us to be at peace with whatever our situations may be. Lord, I know that things are not the way I may want them to be, but I come asking that You would strengthen me so that I can stand and fight the good fight of faith one more day. Lord, I thank You for my deliverance. I thank You for my blessings. Lord, I praise You, for You alone are God. You are everything to me. Father, You are my rock, my strength, my redeemer. You are my fortress and my Hightower. You are my Father, my friend, my Savior. You are everything to me. Thank You Lord. We will praise You anyhow. We will bless Your name at all times. We will be still and know that You alone are God. Thank You Lord, for the Blood. The Blood, that cleanses, renews, revitalizes, forgives, heals, and most of all, gives me the right to come before You with all rights and privileges as your son Jesus Christ, it is in His mighty name we pray, Amen.

Jacqueline Moore is a Christian author who offers spiritual words of encouragement daily on her website at http://www.jacquelinedmoore.com . She has contributed to several anthologies and is the 2009 African American Literary Show romance author of the year for her first novel, “Serving Justice” under the Peace in the Storm imprint.

No comments: