Monday, May 25, 2009

Why ask Why by Cheryl Lacey Donovan


Why ask Why

John 13:6-7 He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, "Lord, are you going to wash my feet?" Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.'
When my children were younger, I can remember how inquisitive they were. Time and time again they would ask the question "why"? Nothing would frustrate me more than when those questions had answers I couldn't explain. It would become even more frustrating when those questions would come in the middle of a busy project or an intense business discussion. It was at those times when I would respond with an impatient "Because I said so."

As I reflect on those moments, I'm reminded of the many times when I didn't quite understand what God was doing in my life. When I inqured of God, I wanted a gracious answer like the one Jesus gave to Peter in John 13: 6-7. Jesus told Peter He would understand later.

Take the time to offer your children the same grace and patience Jesus offered to Peter, even if it means telling them they will have to wait for the answer.
The award-winning Cheryl Lacey Donovan is the author of The Ministry of Motherhood. Order your copy today at www.peaceinthestormpublishing.com.

No comments: