Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Take the Limits Off!


The only limits to the possibilities in your life tomorrow are the buts you use today. ~ Les Brown

Scripture:
He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name. Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit. Psalm 147:4-6 (New International Version)

A few months ago, I had an eye-opening experience. I went on my very first cruise and I went by myself. Now just about everyone who heard this thought I was crazy and or foolish by going on a trip of this magnitude and no one was accompanying me.

Now to clarify, I did seek a cabin mate but no one was available. At first and even up to the point that I actually boarded the ship, I was scared. I started thinking that everyone had been right and that maybe I was making a mistake. I wouldn’t know anybody onboard and I would be miserable and all alone. However, they couldn’t have been further from the truth.

I was actually cruising with a group called “Cruising for Christ.” I had been invited by Kendra Norman-Bellamy who is a fellow Christian author and the group was primarily made up of fellow Christian artists. There were authors, musicians, comedians, mimes and many more onboard who were a part of the group. When I say I was BLESSED, mere words cannot describe just how much.

Today’s message was birthed on this anointed cruise. Pastor Keith Edmonds, or it could have been his identical twin Brother Karl Edmonds, who both happen to be ministers and mimes, spoke this powerful word into my spirit. They reminded that it is each of us who limits ourselves. We hinder our own progress through lack of faith, obedience and confidence; the same faith and confidence that gives us all authority and power in Christ Jesus.

We limit our journey in this life by talking ourselves out of what we can do and accomplish. We talk ourselves out of God’s blessings by stating that what we see as impossible. We miss out on blessings because they are not packaged the way we think they should look.

Saints of God, the word tells us that all things, not some things, but all things are possible with God!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father, in the name of Jesus, we come seeking Your grace and Your counsel once again. Lord, help us to remove the limits we have placed on our own lives. Help us to see the plans and designs that You have for each of our lives. When satan tells us we can’t, remind us that Your word says we can do ALL things through Christ Jesus, who strengthens me. Touch us Lord, as we pause and meditate on Your word. Father, we pause to give thanks for keeping us once again. We know that we are here only because of You. We are blessed, not because of who we are but because of who's we are. Thank You Lord, that You loved us that much. Touch us Lord, for we need You right now. Father, help each and every one of us to be mindful to put on the whole armor of God, for we are still in the midst of a spiritual battle. Protect us Lord, guide us Lord. Keep us Lord. Father, we come give You our thanks. We come praising and uplift Your Holy Name. We love You Lord. As we ask and pray these things in Christ Jesus. Amen.


"Caught in the Middle"
Now Available!
http://www.jacquelinedmoore.com
jackiemoore@virtuousliving.com
http://www.peaceinthestormpublishing.com

No comments: