Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Give Thanks!


Give Thanks Today

Remember, When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food, and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself. ~ Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

Scripture:
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name. Bring an offering and come before him; worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness. 1 Chronicles 16:29

Too often it becomes easier for us to see only the bad things that are going on in our lives. We get up each morning and put on the same garments of despair, hurt, anger and resentment that we had on the day before. Instead of seeing the dawning of a new day as another opportunity to begin again, we see only our problems of yesterday.

We would rather dwell on the problems of our past, than rejoice in the blessings of the day. It rarely occurs to us that maybe our inability to rejoice in the blessings that we have already been given, as being a part of the reason we don’t receive new blessings each and every day.

As a mother, I often compare my relationship to God to my relationship with my children. You see, its hard for me to give them something new, when I feel they don’t appreciate what they already have. I cannot in good conscious give them a new thing if they don’t take care of the old.

So I have to ask “how can God in good conscious bless us with a new thing, when we can’t appreciate what we already have?” As I read the above quote, there was one statement that really stood out to me; If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself.

Don’t you have something to be thankful for?

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Lord, we come once again praising and uplifting the name of Jesus. We lift up Holy hands and bow down before the throne of grace in reverence and honor to You Lord. Father, no matter what this day may bring, I will continue to praise You. Lord, this joy that I have deep down in my soul, the world didn't give it to me. You did. I will not allow anyone to take back what You have given me. Thank You Father, for my gifts. I thank You for waking me up and breathing life into my lungs once again. I thank You for family, friends and loved ones who encourage when the world tells me I can't. I thank You for guiding and directing me especially during those times I seem to stray. Lord, continue to place Your hedge of protection around the saints who are represented here. Strengthen all of my brothers and sisters in Christ who are going through. Manifest and magnify Your Power and Your presence in our lives today. Thank You Lord, Thank You Jesus. Amen.


"Caught in the Middle"
Now Available!
http://www.jacquelinedmoore.com
jackiemoore@virtuousliving.com
http://www.peaceinthestormpublishing.com

No comments: