Monday, March 30, 2009

You Can Run But You Can't Hide by Jackie Moore


Remember, be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid. ~Basil King

Scripture:But Jonah ran away from the LORD and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa, where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the LORD. Then the LORD sent a great wind on the sea, and such a violent storm arose that the ship threatened to break up. Jonah 1: 3-4 (New International Version)

Recently, I asked a friend, “Why am I compelled to do these messages?” Needless to say, my friend couldn’t answer my question but rather said, “I don’t know, but I thank God that you do.”


You see saints, often times it is very painful to write about some of the things that I do. I sometimes feel that it is a great weight that I carry. No matter how much I try to deviate from writing these messages, I often find myself sitting here with a new story to tell. I realize that I have been given a mission by God and as much as may want to rebel, God will not allow it.

So it is with each and every one of us. God has given each of us a mission. It is our responsibility to carry out that mission whether we want to or not. When we try to walk along a path that is not of God, He will allow things to happen to in our lives that will force us back on the right path. You may be in the wrong relationship, pursuing the wrong job, or maybe you have just ignored the word of God and are following the world instead of following Him. Maybe just like Jonah, you have been given a directive by God but because you don’t want to do it, you try to run away from it. Maybe you are doing things in your life that God finds unacceptable. Or maybe, you have decided that you just don’t want to listen to what God is trying to tell you.I just want to let you know, that if there is something that God wants you to do, He will wear you down until you do it. If you are not listening to his voice, I urge you to pay close attention because God can and will get your attention, by any means necessary.


Be blessed


Prayer:Father God, I come before the throne of grace seeking Your face and Your favor. Lord, often times I hear Your voice and tremble. I tremble because I know that I am not doing your will but rather following my own. Forgive me Lord. I pray that You would forgive me for my mistakes of yesterday and I pray that You would find favor with me once again. Lord, I come standing in the gap for my family and friends. I pray for the family who lost a mother and the family who lost a young child. So many need so much. I ask that You would comfort those who are heartbroken, assure those who are at a lost, strengthen those who are weak. Lord, help us to realize just how blessed we are. We may not have all that we want, but you continue to supply all of our needs. Lord, we just want to thank You for all that You have done in our lives and for all that You are about to do. Keep us all in perfect peace and help us to keep our minds and our hearts set on our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. In His name we pray. Amen.
Jackie Moore is the author of Serving Justice. Order your copy of Serving Justice today at www.peaceinthestormpublishing.com!

3 comments:

Donan22 said...

I know that I am a day late responding to this post however I did read it yesterday. However I got caught up with wokr ( I was out on Friday and Monday) so I had a lot of catching up to do. But this was a very inspirational and touching piece. Do you mind if I forward this text to my email list?

Jackie Moore said...

Not at all. Actually, you and your friends can check out my daily devotionals at http://www.jacquelinedmoore.com

Evangelist Donovan said...

Jackie,

your devotionals are always so inspiring. Please continue. God bless