Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Perfect Woman by K.L.

PERFECT WOMAN
(If Only in My Mind)

I ask myself, why I am so lucky.
Is there a reason I am so blessed?

But, you’re never supposed to question God’s work.
I say God because how do you explain her patience with me.

There is something about the way she understands my needs.

Are there other women who would love another’s children like her own?

Would another woman be strong enough to trust God and take you back when you have tasted someone else’s fruits?

Her soul is pure enough to douse the evil that once filled my own.

My vanity, pride and smugness have been replaced with concern, endearment and gratefulness.

I now concern myself with more than just my own needs.

Her smile fills my heart with joy.

Her tears burn at my soul and demand my immediate attention or screams for forgiveness.

I am blessed with an equal, so again I ask why I am so lucky.

Does God see something in me I don’t see? He must.

She is sexy beyond belief, even when she sleeps.

Can that comfortable look come from what I have brought to her life?

The world is funny, one minute you’re all alone, next thing all your dreams are being answered.

Thank you, God!

Well the only course of action is to leave all my worries, fears, and concerns at God’s feet.

Something about having the right woman makes each day, night and morning special.

I really do have the perfect woman if only in my mind.


**This is how I see my wife for it is with her I am even a better man than the Lord has made. Combined with her soul, I feel there is nothing I cannot accomplish. That can only be done by submitting ones life to the Lord and trusting that what He gives back is a perfect you, regardless of what others think and feel. **


~K. L. Belvin











KL is an author and poet and contributor to The Soul of a Man. Find out more about KL at http://www.klthewriter.com/ and more about The Soul of a Man at http://www.peaceinthestormpublishing.com/.









3 comments:

Donan22 said...

K. L. Belvin,
I love this piece and the feelings you laid out here truly seem to be genuine. Your love for the Lord and your wife truly shows in your words, as to how he supplies if we are obedient to his word.

Klthewriter said...

Thank You so much Donan. Its all about the Lord, he blessed my wife with enough vision and strength to see past my weakness and flaws. In turn she saved my life to where I can now love her and protect her.. The Father knows what he is doing if we trust him.. Thank You for the kind and blessed words.. All the best to you and yours..

K. L. Belvin

Donan22 said...

K.L. it's the only way. So many times in the past, I wasn't so trusting of the Lord. Not intentionally but ignorantly (Because to trust him; is to give everything to him and let it go, so many times I would pray over things and still hold on to them). Since I have been taking a closer walk, the lessons that I have learned along the way from my church home, be it in a message from the pastor or a kind act from a congregational members. I truly believe in the blessing that God bestows upon us every day and the fact that you have a beautiful wife is proof. Because he doesn't send what we want, but instead he sends the things we need and from your words; your wife was just what you needed to save you from the life you were livng. God Bless and keep you and your beautiful family.