Sunday, January 4, 2009

Thank God for Your Gift by Jacqueline D. Moore

As we begin another holiday season, we still have much to be thankful for. I know that many of us have been faced with trials and tribulations this past year, but they too, shall come to pass. As we look forward to a new year and to new leadership in our country, always remember to keep God at the forefront and He will always be the compass in what seems like the darkest of hours. May God's grace and mercy continue to rain down on each and everyone this Holiday Season.

Thank God for Your Gift

Remember, Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons. ~Ruth Ann Schabacker

Scripture:
I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that. 1 Corinthians 7:7

Saints, has there ever been a time when you became jealous of someone else? Did they have something that you desired? Money, looks, prestige?

Do you ever wish that you had someone else’s talent? Maybe their husband or wife? Do you ever feel jealous because someone else who didn’t work as hard as you got the promotion or acknowledgement?

Sometimes, it will appear that life isn’t fair. We work so hard at our relationships, in our careers and raising our families and more times than not, it seems we just can’t get ahead. We look around at other people in our lives and they seem to be doing so much better than us, with little or no effort.

Well, today I am not going to sugar coat it. Everyone is not created equal. There are specific reasons for it all. Some by our own design and some are according to God’s plan.

God has a desire and a plan for each of our lives. It doesn’t always coincide with what we want, but rather, what God wants for us. God knows what we can handle and what we can’t.

Our gifts, both spiritually and in the natural, are all from Him. They are meted out according to his will. So remember, this, don’t be jealous of what others have accomplished or have gained in this world. God has a special gift, just for you.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father God, we come before the throne of grace to thank You for what You have given us. Lord, I know there are times when I feel that I deserve more, but I stop and realize that more isn’t always what’s best for me. I am reminded that I have so much because of You. I have the gift of eternal life through Your Son, Jesus Christ. As the seasons change and the nights become dark and cold, I am reminded just how blessed I truly am. I have a home, food, friends, and most of all, the gift of love. Love of family and friends. I have hope for tomorrow and I have the gift of salvation. I realize that the things of this world are just for a season. I will rejoice in my season, for I know that the harvest is near. Thank You Father, for my gifts. Thank You Lord, for my health, my strength and my life. Thank you most of all for Christ Jesus, it is in His name that we pray. Amen.


Learn more about the awe-inspiring Jacqueline D. Moore and her forthcoming novel, Serving Justice at http://www.peaceinthestormpublishing.com/.

No comments: