Sunday, March 3, 2013

Waiting on My Miracle by Jacqueline D. Moore

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish. ~ John Quincy Adams

Scripture:
We have sinned, even as our fathers did; we have done wrong and acted wickedly. When our fathers were in Egypt, they gave no thought to your miracles; they did not remember your many kindnesses, and they rebelled by the sea, the Red Sea. Yet he saved them for his name's sake, to make his mighty power known. Psalm 106:6-8 (New International Version)

When I was a child, I believed in miracles. I believed that anything could happen and it usually did. I saw them all the time. I experienced the perfect day, the joy and laughter of playing with family and friends. I knew the comfort and love that comes from being around those who cared and about and for me. Now, I often wonder; what happened? When did I stop believing that dreams really do come true?

I now realize that they went away when I grew up. My vision became tainted by all the bad things I saw and as the trust I had in those around me become battered and broken. Even today, it amazes me how innocent the world through the eyes of a child can be. The stages of life have a way of tarnishing our vision.

I can only imagine how painful it must have been for our forbearers, Adam and Eve to realize that because of deceit and curiosity, they too had lost that childlike innocence. I’m not sure if they too gave up on believing in miracles as the world around them became tainted by the things they now saw and had to endure.

It wasn’t until I grew older and developed a relationship with Christ Jesus that I began to realize that even though the world around me had changed, there was still hope. Hope in Christ Jesus. Now the only difference was that instead of miracles happening around me every day, I had to learn to be patient and to persevere in my well doing.

The Lord, our Father has told us time and time again, that this is not his world. Satan has made sure of that. However, for those of us who still believe in the power of faith, miracles can and will still happen. If you can believe it, you can receive it. Your Miracle is on the way.

Be Blessed

Prayer:

Father God, we come before the mercy seat asking today for our miracles and breakthroughs. So often we lose sight of the fact that our hope and desires do not lay in the hands of those around us, but rather our hope lies in Christ Jesus. Help us Lord to see You through the eyes of a child. A child who is totally dependant on their Father to provide all things. Father God, we come seeking Your face and depending on You for those miracles that are needed in our lives. Some have lost faith because they were depending on the wrong things. Material things that man provides and not those Godly things that You have already promised us in Your word. Help me Lord, to always look toward the hills of heaven from which cometh my help. It is on Christ the solid rock I stand. It is on Your word that I stand. It is by faith I will walk and it by grace I will be blessed. Thank You Father, for all things. But I thank You most of all for redemption through Your Son, my Savior, Jesus Christ. It is in His name I pray. Amen.

No comments: