Tuesday, February 5, 2013

When You Don't Fit In by Jacqueline D. Moore

Life's not about fitting in; it's about standing out.

Scripture:
If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. John 15:18-19 (New International Version)

Going along through life, I often find myself caught in places and/or situations where I just didn’t fit in. Sometimes it was the job I held or the friends I had made. Maybe it was the places I visited or the relationship I was in. Or maybe even the church I attended.

Eventually, I found that for whatever reason I no longer fit and found myself caught in the position of being uncomfortable. I often found it would become necessary for my well-being and comfort to move from a place of discomfort and find a better fitting position. This analogy holds true for our Christian walk.

We will become too big (symbolically speaking) and can longer move about as a result of developing an unhealthy lifestyle. Or maybe, we are starving to death, withering away from a lack of nourishment In either case, you no longer fit and for the betterment of your spiritual health, it will become necessary for you to move from this place of discomfort.

The word of God tells us to crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in our salvation. It tells us of the bread of God; For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."

The word of God tells us whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

Now that’s the kind of meal that I want!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them. They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." Lord, we come before the throne of Grace this day hungering and thirsting after Your word. Let us feast this day on the bread of life and drink from the fountain that never runs dry. Thank You Father for providing all of my needs. Lord, that You for blessing me even when I am ungrateful. Thank You for keeping me, my family, friends and loved ones safe from all hurt, harm and danger. But most of all; thank You for Your son, Jesus Christ in whose name we pray. Amen.

No comments: