Monday, January 7, 2013

Making the Right Choice by Jacqueline D. Moore

Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved. ~ William Jennings Bryan

Scripture:
To the discerning all of them are right; they are faultless to those who have knowledge. Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her. Proverbs 8:9-11
Many people would like to believe that they can’t control their own destinies. They believe that destiny is something that just happens. Not so.

Our destinies are based upon many of the choices that we make. That is why it is so important that we make the right choice, because they will eventually determine your destiny.

When it comes to making life altering choices, like whom are we going to marry? What kind of job will I be stuck in? What kinds of friends will I have? Too often we depend upon how we feel rather than what we know.

As I have grown older, I realize that many of the things that have gone wrong in my life were because of bad choices. Too often, I acted upon how I felt about a certain thing as apposed to what I really knew about something. The word of God tells us that if we seek first the kingdom of God, that everything else will come.

Now I realize that sometimes the choices that we have had to make seemed like the best choice at the time, or maybe we felt that we didn’t have a choice in a particular situation, but I realize that far too often I didn’t seek God’s council BEFORE I made my choice.

Saints of God, when it comes to making the right choice about any and everything, we must first stop and listen for a word from God. If something in your spirit is telling you no, or making you hesitate, maybe that’s not what God wants for you. If something is delaying you in your decision, it might not be just a coincidence.

We must all learn to seek God first, be still and listen to what He is trying to tell you.

Therein lays your true Destiny!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father, so often we feel that our lives are not our own. We believe that our destiny in life is chosen by others. Dear Lord, help us to remember that the choice is always ours. When we find ourselves caught up in wrong situations, help us to see our way out. When others see our failures, help us to realize our victories. Help us always to remember, that the right to choose is ours alone. Even You, give us the right to choose. May the choices and decisions I make in my life, be pleasing to You. May I always remember that many of the choices that I make will impact my life forever. Lord, I choose You. I am blessed, that You have also chosen me. I thank You Lord for loving me enough to choose me to serve You. Glory to God. Hallelujah. Thank You Father for the gift of life, Your Son and my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is in his name that we pray. Amen.

No comments: