Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hold On and Don't Let Go by Jacqueline D. Moore


Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal. ~ Pamela Vault Starr

Scripture:
"He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. 2 Samuel 22:17-18

I used to wonder why some people settle for mediocrity. As I look around me at people in this world, I often wonder what causes a person to lose their hopes and their dreams? I often ponder how and why would someone give up the spark within themselves that pushes them on to do great things.

Personally, I reflect back on the life of my maternal grandmother, Madea. Growing up, my grandmother was the epitome of the strong black woman. She was the center of my family’s world. She worked hard and loved even harder. She fought for the things she believed in, especially her family. Then one day, she just stopped fighting.

Now I don’t know what happened to cause this change. Maybe it was having to bury two daughters, one being my mother; and her own mother. All within a few years of each other. Maybe it was losing “Auntie, the woman who had taken my grandmother and great-grandmother in when they had no place else to go. Maybe it was the realization that her grandchildren, whom she cherished had grown up and moved on.

Whatever the reason(s), it was evident that my grandmother had just given up on life, put away her dreams and decided to die. Yes, it took three long years for it to happen, but happen it did.

I often wondered how this strong and powerful woman could just give up her life so easily. Then I grew up and saw first hand how the things that happen to us can throw us for a loop and just make you tired. Tired of fighting, tired of loving, tired of living.

Too often I see people who have lost hope and don’t have anything to hold on to, lose their grip on life and just let go. Too often the things of this world will beat you down, leaving you bruised and confused, unable to stand the blows of the evil one.

For those of you who may be going through something, I come to tell you; hold on and don’t let go. To those of you who are feeling beat down by life, I come to tell you; there is shelter from the rain. For those of you who feel like all hope is gone; I come to let you know that there is still hope for a dying world. There is comfort for your weary soul. It can be found in the loving arms of Jesus.

So Hold On, Be Strong, and Don’t Let Go!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, we come to You seeking strength, guidance and a little more patience. Father, forgive us when we feel weak in our faith. Forgive us when we seem to give up and give out. Lord, we know that You are not a God of confusion. You have told us that You would never leave us nor forsake us. Thank You Lord for that word. Father, hide us under Your wings of salvation. Cover us in the blood. Keep us nearer God to thee. Lord, we ask that You would continue to bless our brothers and sisters. Those who are saved and those who have yet to get to know You for themselves. Lord, we pray for financial breakthroughs today. So many need so much, have mercy Lord. Breath on us Lord, cover us Lord, Have mercy on us Lord. We love You Father God and we are thankful for what we do have. We praise, uplift and bless Your holy name. As we submit our prayers and petitions in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Amen.

No comments: