Thursday, August 23, 2012

From Victim to Victor! by Jacqueline D. Moore

Your attitude determines your altitude. – Unknown

Scripture:
Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? Romans 8:34-36 (New International Version)

For more than the better part of last year, I was paralyzed by a number of unexpected changes in my life. My inability to adequately effect positive change to counter all of the negative forces coming against me rendered me practically useless. I was dazed and confused; punch drunk by all the blows life seemed to be sending my way. I was content to sleep my life away and do nothing to fight back against the forces that threatened to destroy me. It’s a brand new year and you ask, “What’s changed?” And my answer is nothing except my attitude.

At the beginning of a new year, many of us make resolutions to change some things in our lives. Those resolutions might be to lose weight, exercise more or quit smoking. Some make resolutions to go back to school or find a better job. For the most part, many will fail at these supposedly life changing resolutions. However, there are those who will in fact succeed. And do you want to know the secret to their success? It’s their attitude. They simply made up their minds to achieve their goals.

Somewhere along the way, I had forgotten all the life lessons I had been taught as a Christian. You know the ones; “I am more than I conqueror”, “I can do all things”, “I have not because I ask not” and the list goes on and on. Someway somehow I had started believing the lies that the enemy had started whispering in my ear; you know those too; “you aren’t worthy”, you can’t do anything right and that list goes on and on as well.

Far too often when things are going wrong in our lives, we tend to forget that we already have everything we need. It’s called the word of God. We just have to learn not to look down but to look up instead.

We must focus our attention to the heavens from which cometh our help, keep our eyes on the prize and remember that we already have the Victory!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, sometimes I try to pray and the words won't come. I toss and turn and feel nothing. My mind is dry, my heart is dull, my soul longs for life. Hear my silent cry, my God, hear me. Breathe on us Lord renewing a right spirit within us. Even in our times of sorrow, we praise Your holy name. Lord, open our eyes and give us a discerning spirit, so that we may recognize the tricks of the evil one. Lord, we come before the throne of grace once again asking that You would forgive us for not depending on You. We come asking that You who are rock and our salvation, would help us to starve our fears and doubts and feed our faith. Lord, I personally ask for forgiveness and direction for myself. I know that sometimes, we take You for granted and in doing so, leave ourselves open to attack. Lord, we stand before You again, putting on the whole armor of God. The belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the shoes of the gospel of peace, wielding our shield of faith and the sword of the spirit, and placing upon our heads, the helmet of salvation. Lord, let us always be diligent against attack from he who seeks to destroy us. Continue to bless our brothers and sisters in Christ. Continue to anoint our leaders. Help us always to be able to call upon the name of the Lord in our times of distress. Thank You Lord, for Your faithfulness. Thank You Lord, for Your covering. Thank You Lord, that You pick us up, when we have been knocked down. We will the name of the Lord at all times, and His praises shall continuously be in our mouths. Praise his name saints of God. Glory Hallelujah, thank You Jesus, in His name we pray, Amen.





"Caught in the Middle"
Now Available!
http://www.jacquelinedmoore.com
http://www.peaceinthestormpublishing.com
Jackie@jacquelinedmoore.com

No comments: