Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Are you Walking in the Valley?


Remember; If you are going through hell...keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Scripture:For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him, since you are going through the same struggle you saw I had, and now hear that I still have. Philippians 1:29-30 (New International Version)

One of my favorite topics that I like to talk about, is the valley experience. A valley experience can mean that you are at a low point in your life. A valley experience could be the loss of a job, loss of loved one, financial difficulties, Strife in your relationships, or a wayward spouse or child.
A valley experience can even be a life threatening illness.

A valley experience could mean that you feel unconnected. No one understands you. Your family, your friends, not even God. A valley experience could mean that you don’t feel that God hears or cares about your circumstances.

A valley experience can mean that you don't know where you belong in life. You are confused as to what direction you should be going in. You are not happy with your job, or just getting by with your job. Maybe you want to go back to school but just aren't sure or maybe don't know where the money is coming from. A valley experience could be a heaviness of heart, for what seems to you, no reason.

Well my brothers and sisters understand that each and everyone of us will have a valley experience. Sometimes, it’s because of things that we have done, the choices that we have made, or maybe it's necessary for our spiritual growth.

Sometimes God will put us in the valley for our own good. Maybe it's to protect us. Maybe it's to help us see just how blessed we are. Maybe it's to help us grow. Grow in our faith and grow in our relationship with him.

There are two things that I have learned about the valley. The first one is this; none of us will stay in the valley. It's just a journey to the other side. The second thing is:

I wouldn't be able to truly appreciate the Mountain Top unless I had first gone through that valley.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
I love the Lord. He heard my cry. And even as I walk through the valleys of life, He is with me always. Goodness and mercy are at my side. He covers and protects me in the blood of the Lamb. Thank You Lord. Father we come asking that You would give us the strength, the peace and the patience to make it through whatever valley we may go through this day. We come asking that even as we find ourselves in the valley, we know that we are never alone. Lord, as I look around me and see others in the valley with me, may something that I do or say, encourage them to stay their course. Father, I ask that You would touch my brothers and sisters who find themselves in that valley. Lord, let them know that they too are never alone. Thank You Father for allowing us to come before Your throne of grace one more time. Thank You Father, for listening to us, one more time. Thank You Lord, for blessing us, one more time. Praise His name, saints of God. Lord, we lift Your name on high. We sings song of praise even in the valley low. We sings songs of praise, when we reach our mountain top. Thank You Lord, Bless You Lord. Hallelujah, praise God. Amen.

Jacqueline Moore is a Christian author who offers spiritual words of encouragement daily on her website at http://www.jacquelinedmoore.com. She has contributed to several anthologies and is the 2009 African American Literary Show romance author of the year for her first novel, “Serving Justice” under the Peace in the Storm imprint. "Caught in the Middle" Now Available!
http://www.jacquelinedmoore.com
jackiemoore@virtuousliving.com
http://www.peaceinthestormpublishing.com

1 comment:

Donan22 said...

Thank you so much for being the inspiration that you are to others. I know these words speak volumes to me, "Ye through I walk through the Valley". The word Through is what makes the statement for me. Because when I see through I know that it is truly temporary, I will come out. Thanks again this was truly needed