Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Ray of Hope In a Dark Room


Just like the butterfly, I too will awaken in my own time. ~ Ê Deborah Chaskin

Scripture:
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:25-27 (New International Version)

People who really know me say they can always tell when things aren’t going well in my life. You see, I have a tendency to grow quiet and withdraw from the world around me. I don’t talk the same and I wear my heart on my sleeve.

Recently, I suffered an unexpected setback in my life and had begun to worry about how I would make ends meet and continue to provide for my family. It is no secret that Michigan, especially here in Detroit, has been hit extremely hard by the current recession. That coupled with the fact that I am over fifty-years old and dread the idea of having to start all over again.
Although my situation hasn’t changed, my outlook has.

Unfortunately, I have no control over the external but I do control how I deal with it. First I went through several of the stages of grief; Shock, anger, depression, reflection, loneliness and now finally, acceptance and hope. I cannot control the views and opinions of others, but I can control my own views. I made the mistake of putting my trust in man and not in God.

As I compose today’s message I just want others who may be going through something similar to know that no matter what the future brings, God is still in control. Things may happen in your life to knock you off your square, but God can pick you up and place you back where you belong.

And just like the beautiful and majestic butterfly, you too will awaken in your own time.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
God bless those of us who are battling those inner demons of depression, loneliness, unworthiness, and hopelessness. Shine Your warm Heavenly Light down upon all of us, Lord, guide us to find peace, happiness, and contentment in our lives and within ourselves. The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident. Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. Thank You Father for Your grace and one more experience of Your presence, for Your promise: to be with us, to be our God, and to give salvation. For these and all blessings, we give You thanks, eternal, loving God, through Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.

Butterfly Affirmation
You are like the majestic Black butterfly, full of grace and beauty. Your blackness boldly stands out, acting as the backdrop for the rainbow of colors that define and distinguish you from the rest. Your timeless beauty has carried you across the winds of time, leaving your eternal message written clear across the skies of the lives of others so that all of us can read it and remember when we need it, that a dream conceived in truth will never die.

Positive Affirmation: Today I am like the beautiful and graceful Black Butterfly. My life-defining message I leave in the sky for all to read will be a reflection of not only my inner beauty but also a message of self-love, courage and the pursuit of my dreams. ~ Jacqueline D. Moore

Inspired by the song Black Butterfly - Denise Williams

Jacqueline Moore is a Christian author who offers spiritual words of encouragement daily on her website at http://www.jacquelinedmoore.com . She has contributed to several anthologies and is the 2009 African American Literary Show romance author of the year for her first novel, “Serving Justice” under the Peace in the Storm imprint.

No comments: