Monday, February 8, 2010

In the Fiery Furnace


The purest ore is produced from the hottest furnace, and the brightest thunderbolt is elicited from the darkest storm. ~ Charles Caleb Coltron

Scripture:
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 1 Peter 1:6-7

Have you ever wondered why sometimes it seems that it's hard being a Christian? We accept Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior and then it seems like the more we love God and try to grow closer to him, life is constantly coming against you?

Well, I know I have. I look at my life and the lives of my saved brothers and sisters and see that each and every one of us is going through some rather difficult times. Situation after situation keeps happening. Jobs are being lost. Cars are being reposed, houses are being lost, marriages are being torn apart and the money just can't seem to stretch far enough.

But then, God gave me a revelation. Stop depending on the world, the people of this world, and the things of this world. Start looking at me instead! How many of you have noticed that the more you go through, the more you start to really study the word of God. You pray more and you look to him more. The more you go through, things and habits that you once had start falling away.

God says I put you in the furnace so that I can refine you like gold. I need to burn off all of those impurities. I know it's hot in there, but you are mine and those who are mine must be the best. Without spot or blemish. Free of sin, clean, A NEW CREATURE!

So I just want each of you to know, that it may get so hot and uncomfortable. Life will get hard and things may not always work the way we want them to, but in the end, we can praise God and rejoice at the new creature that he has created.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Thank You Jesus for my fiery furnace. Thank You Lord, for the impurities that You are removing from me. Father, we just ask that You continue to be with us as we go through. We just ask that You would take our hand and lead us on. Lord, we ask that You would help us to see those things in our lives that we have need to get rid of and give them to You willingly. Continue to bless Your saints. Bless each and every family that is represented here. Thank You father for family and friends. Thank You Lord, for Your word. Thank You Lord, for Your son Jesus Christ, in whose name we pray. Amen.

Jacqueline Moore is a Christian author who offers spiritual words of encouragement daily on her website at http://www.jacquelinedmoore.com . She has contributed to several anthologies and is the 2009 African American Literary Show romance author of the year for her first novel, “Serving Justice” under the Peace in the Storm imprint.

1 comment:

Keasley said...

I also like to remember the fiery furnace that was unable to scorch Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego (forgive my spelling) - in other words, when you put your faith in God - you might find yourself in a fiery situation - but you won't be burned by it - you will remain unharmed. I've been in many situations that should have burned me - yet God pulled me out unscathed. Hallelujah!!