Monday, December 3, 2012

It Ain't Over YET! by Jacqueline D. Moore

A vision is not just a picture of what could be; it is an appeal to our better selves, a call to become something more. ~ Rosabeth Moss Kanter

Scripture:Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights. For the director of music. On my stringed instruments. ~ Habakkuk 3:17-19 (New International Version)

Recently I had dinner with a friend who attended an outstanding teacher’s awards ceremony. He told us the story of one particular teacher who motivated his students with one simple word; YET. If one of his students approached him and said they couldn’t do something, his response was always the same, he added the word YET. Think about the word, yet.

Yet is a simple word with a simple meaning, “Up to now.” To put in into context; “I can’t do it, up to now; I don’t understand it, up to now; it hasn’t happened, up to now. In other words even if you don’t get it, understand it, hasn’t happened doesn’t mean it can’t or won’t. It simply means that you haven’t reached that goal, had that vision or breakthrough “up to now.!”

This wonderful educator keeps his student motivated by challenging them with the knowledge that even thought it hasn’t happened yet, their breakthrough is still at hand. And so it is with our daily walk. If those things that you need and desire haven’t happened doesn’t mean they won’t. It just means it hasn’t happened YET.

Each and every one of us must remember that when we trust in something greater then ourselves; when we trust in God, that job, financial breakthrough, marriage, children or whatever else you may be waiting for simply means that you just don’t have it YET!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, we lift Your name on high. I will bless the Lord at all times and His praises shall continuously be in my mouth. From every mountain high and every valley low, we will uplift the name of God. We will sing songs of praise all the day long. Though He slay me, I will have hope in Him. Even when my enemies are camped all around, yet I will give Him the glory for my impending victory. Lord we sing songs of praise even when we can't speak. We say Glory, glory hallelujah, praise be to God, even when the tears begin to fall. Even as I lay on my bed of affliction, when friends and family have turned against me, when there seems to be no hope for my situation or circumstances I will shout from the mountain tops; HALLELUJAH, ANYHOW! PRAISE BE TO GOD, GLORY! GLORY! GLORY! BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD! amen.

No comments: